Pennsylvania Speeding Ticket Attorney
The biggest mistake people make when they receive a traffic ticket is to plead guilty and sign the traffic citation without first calling a lawyer. The reason that this is a big mistake is that many traffic offenses will either result in points against your driver's license or mandatory license suspension.
At the Law Offices of David S. Shrager, we are available 24 hours a day by calling directly or through our after-hours answering service. Schedule a free consultation before you plead guilty to a traffic citation. Call 1-866-504-9974 or contact us online.
At the Law Offices of David S. Shrager, we handle traffic ticket cases for people in Pittsburgh, western Pennsylvania, and throughout the eastern United States. Our team can stand beside you in cases involving:
- DUI / DWI / Drunk Driving
- Speeding Tickets
- Road Rage
- Reckless Driving
- Vehicular Assault (Assault by Motor Vehicle)
- Hit and Run
- Evading an Officer
Have you been arrested for DUI?
Find out about the Dos and don'ts of a DUI stop.
Traffic Violations: Dos and Don'ts
- Don't sign the back of a traffic citation without consulting an attorney. Many traffic offenses carry suspensions in addition to point violations. By signing the guilty line and paying the fine, you may give up your right to your driver's license or concede many points on your driver's license.
- Don't assume that pleading guilty will have no effect on your permanent driving record.
- Do consult an attorney. There is a good chance that you can plead down to avoid or lessen points on your record. This can prevent insurance rate hikes and the potential loss of your driver's license.
- Do respond to your written violation within 10 days. If you don't, you may lose your license.
How We Can Help
- We are often able to convince the police and/or judges to amend a citation so that the offense does not require a driver's license suspension.
- We can often amend a reckless driving charge to a careless driving charge which does not carry a suspension.
- We can often plead a speeding ticket down to a lower speed, avoiding a suspension and, in some instances, points on a driver's license.
Many people choose to handle traffic violations without the assistance of an attorney. While some cases are not as serious as others, it may still be possible to minimize the consequences. We can work with you. We will act fast on your behalf to help you deal with your traffic ticket. Let us help.
Protecting Your Freedom and Good Name
Our firm knows how to handle traffic ticket cases. Each of our lawyers has more than 30 years of experience handling all types of criminal defense matters. When you choose our law firm, we will work hard to prevent driver's license suspension, fines, jail time, increased insurance rates and the other negative consequences of traffic violations.