Pittsburgh Criminal Defense Attorneys
Charged with a Sex Crime? What You Need to Know
A sex crime conviction can yield very severe penalties: significant prison time, large fines, mandatory sex offender registration, and much more. Pennsylvania black letter law states that a victim's testimony can be sufficient to rest a criminal conviction. Because this "single victim" testimony is the law in Pennsylvania, the testimony of just one person, whether they are telling the truth or lying, can permanently alter a person's life. It is my belief that the highest percentage of individuals wrongly charged and wrongly convicted are in the area of sex crimes. it is vital that when you are charged with a sex crime that you hire a lawyer who has extensive experience in this area of the law.
At the Law Offices of David S. Shrager, we have successfully defended people charged with:
- Possession or distribution of child pornography
- Solicitation of a minor
- Sexual assault
- Aggravated indecent assault
- Endangering the welfare of children
If you are being questioned by the police or charged with a sexual crime, the Law Offices of David S. Shrager will:
- Explain your rights
- Investigate the charges against you
- Contact the police or prosecutor prior to charges being filed
- Aggressively defend your rights
Contact us for a free consultation — Email Us or call us toll free at 1-866-504-9974 or 412-567-7967.
Sex Crimes: Dos and Don'ts
- Don't talk to the police before you have spoken with an attorney. The police may try to twist your words. It is very important to understand that you cannot talk your way out of the charges.
- Don't go to the police station voluntarily. This is not a mandatory appearance.
- Do exercise your Fifth Amendment right to remain silent.
- Do remember that what you do before and after the arrest can influence the final outcome of the case.
- Do speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. Attorney involvement at an early stage is critical.
Whether you hire me or not, please call my law office. I give you honest advice in a free, no-obligation consultation. Most importantly, I will tell you the truth. Simply call 1-866-504-9974.
— Attorney David S. Shrager
How We Can Help You
Are you being investigated for one of the following sex crimes?
- Rape (Sexual Assault)
- Sexual Abuse
- Indecent Exposure
- Lewd and Lascivious Conduct
- Internet Sex Crimes
- Child Pornography
- Solicitation of a Minor
Each of our attorneys has over 30 years of experience in criminal defense. Our firm uses this collective knowledge and experience to prepare and implement strong criminal defenses. We have handled many sex crime cases and know what tactics prosecutors use. Let us show you the difference that our experience can make for you.
Both Ronald Hayward and David S. Shrager have over 30 years of experience in criminal law. Additionally, we have a team of paralegals who assist in preparing a strong criminal defense. Having handled every type of sex crime and having knowledge of the tactics that a prosecutor will use, the Law Offices of David S. Shrager knows what is necessary to protect your rights and your freedom. When your name, your life and your liberty are at stake, it is vital that your counsel is experienced, compassionate and competent.
Find out more about sex crimes.
Contact Us — Free Consultation
Email Us or call 1-866-504-9974 to meet in our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania law office.